The Cerruti brothers, Stefano, Antonio – Nino’s grandfather- and Quintino, found Lanificio Cerruti, a spinning and weaving factory in Biella, a town which lies between Milan and Turin.
Originally from the area, they are aware of the benefits of using the exceptionally pure local water source for washing and treating wool.
To this day, Cerruti fabrics are produced in these very same workshops.
The Cerruti 1881 label is officially launched with the opening of a Parisian boutique, place de la Madeleine.
The fashion house quickly becomes an internationally shining star, symbolic of a style which transforms or enhances the silhouette, naturally.
A fine judge of human nature, the designer imagines new lines which are ahead of their time.